NovoDynamics, a cutting-edge software technology company, uses its advanced pattern recognition and predictive analytics capabilities to transform its customers’ data into actionable information and insights. Our software solutions are utilized across a variety of industries by prestigious commercial, government and academic customers located around the world.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our fast growing company, which is located at our high-tech facility in downtown Ann Arbor. Want to help us use our technology to make a positive difference in the world? We want to hear from you.
We want you to have an area of expertise, but you should also be willing and able to ramp up quickly and do great work in a broad range of development areas.
• Research, design and prototype fast, effective algorithms to solve hard problems related to classification, clustering, image enhancement, machine vision, pattern recognition, predictive modeling, etc.
• Become familiar with the structure and function of our shipping products as well as our testing environment.
• Implement your vetted algorithms in commercial-quality code.
• Plan and execute large-scale tests to verify and validate robustness and accuracy. We make empirical, data-driven decisions about what improves our software and what doesn’t.
• Keep up with bleeding edge machine learning and image processing research.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re a versatile, hard-working, “get it done” person.
• You understand the most complex algorithms, data structures, machine learning techniques, and feature sets including things like: HMMs, SVMs, NNs, Harr features, priority queues, decision trees, ensembles of learners, boosting, bagging, n-grams, FSTs, language modeling, Bayesian probabilities, log-likelihood, dynamic programming, connected components, chain codes, k-means clustering, etc.
• You’ve implemented at least a few of those yourself.
• You have a strong intuitive sense for how fast an algorithm will be (time complexity).
• You love programming and science.
• • You readily understand most research papers and can explain them to your coworkers.
• You will go to any lengths to help your teammates solve problems or learn to use new tools.